Remote Patient Monitoring Nebraska
Nebraska Medicaid will reimburse for remote patient monitoring when certain requirements are met.
- Telemonitoring is covered only when the services are from the originating site
- The client is cognitively capable to operate the equipment or has a willing and able person to assess in the transmission of electronic data
- The originating site has space for all program equipment and full transmission capability
- The provider maintains a client’s record supporting the medical necessity of the service.
Paid at daily per diem-rate and includes:
- Review and interpretation of client data
- Equipment and all supplies, accessories, and services necessary for proper functioning and use of equipment
- Medically necessary visits to the home by a health care practitioner
- Training on the use of the equipment and completion of necessary records
No additional or separate payment is allowed.
Source: NE Admin. Code Title 471 Sec. 1-006.07, Ch. 1, Manual Letter #52-2016, p. 18-19. (Accessed Sept. 2019).