Transcend Distributed A2P™ Overview
A2P (Application to Person) technology offers the ability for applications to communicate directly to individuals through SMS. The application can speak with a single person for example appointment reminders, loyalty programs, banking notifications and special offers. Or it can speak with a very large group of people for example weather alerts, missing children alerts, state or county emergency alerts.
Transcend A2P offers feature-rich, higher-performing bulk messaging at a significantly lower cost than other A2P platforms on the market. Transcend A2P is the platform of choice for Service Providers and their business customers looking to effectively communicate with their customers.
As with all our Transcend Distributed Communication products, this java-based messaging platform has significantly better scalability than its Restcomm predecessor as it is based on a distributed architecture using a Kafka-based network and MongoDB as its DBMS. It also features an elegant graphical user interface enabling centralized management and it has better documentation. Additionally, the perpetual pricing is TPS-based and much more cost-effective than its Restcomm predecessor. When you need to scale to handle more transactions, you simply add another instance for a specific number of transactions or unlimited transactions. To overcome your application’s bottlenecks, you can use multiple unlimited versions of the instance.
Transcend A2P For Service Providers
If you are a service provider, you demand a platform that offers excellent service levels with security and fraud protection for your customer’s mission-critical use of A2P SMS – such as bank alerts, delivery reminders, Two-factor Authentication or surveys. You also demand a platform that offers reliable, high-quality and cost-effective delivery to mobile end users.
The Transcend A2P gateway offers unsurpassed bulk SMS performance and flexibility. The gateway’s performance is increased with the addition of MongoDB servers. A single server is capable of sending up to 1,000 SMS per second based on configuration parameters and it scales linearly.
The platform will work with a TCP-based load balancer and Kafka to produce the highest performance and throughput possible.
Transcend A2P For Businesses
If you are a business, you are looking for an A2P platform that enables easy set-up, high performance, straightforward management and full control (who will receive your messages, when they are sent and notification if they are not received).
Transcend A2P offers an efficient way to quickly and easily communicate with your customers. The A2P platform offers a management interface (dashboard) that allows administrators to set up message content, email templates, lists and set the number for retries for failed sends.
And there is a configuration that will fit the needs of small to large businesses. Transcend A2P is cost effective, high performing and reliable.
Transcend A2P Benefits
SMS Message Marketing Statistics That Will Blow Your Mind
SMS marketing has proven to boost both awareness and sales. Consistently connecting with your prospect builds trust and interest. Transcend A2P automates the SMS marketing process allowing you to automate sending thousands of messages in a single second and freeing up time for you to spend on other marketing processes and tasks.
- 80% of people currently use texting for business. Source
- 96% of Americans own a cellphone that is capable of receiving SMS messages — and 81% own a smartphone. Source
- Among the 18-34-year-old age bracket, text is the preferred channel for notifications from businesses. Source
- 83% of millennials open SMS messages within 90 seconds of receiving them. Source
- 75% of millennials prefer SMS communications for deliveries, promotions, and surveys. Source
- 31% of consumers respond to SMS surveys, with an average response time of fewer than six minutes. Source
- Consumers are more likely to open text messages before any other form of mobile communication. Source
- Text messages are opened and read almost 138% more than email (98% to 18% open rate). Source
- Morgan Stanley reported that 91% of Americans keep their mobile devices within arm’s length at all times. Source
- 90% of cell phone users check their devices within 30 minutes of waking up. Source
- Text messages have a response rate 8 times higher than email (45% to 6%). Source
- Over 40% of online transactions are now done on mobile. Source
- 70% of smartphone users who bought something in a store first turned to their phone for information about a purchase. Source
- Nearly 2/3 of smartphone users are more likely to purchase from companies whose mobile sites or apps customize information to their location. Source
- Mobile searches related to “same-day shipping” have grown over 120% since 2015. Source
- In-store on-demand coupons see a redemption rate of 70% – 80%. Source
- 91% of smartphone owners purchased or plan to purchase something after seeing an ad they described as relevant. Source
- SMS produces engagement rates six to eight times higher than retailers normally achieve via email marketing. Source
Transcend A2P offers Service Providers a new revenue opportunity that fits nicely into your existing business goals. Flexible configuration options perfectly match your business customer’s needs. For small to midsized businesses, the platform can be deployed as a managed service that provides customer access. For large companies that require thousands of messages to be sent per second, Service Providers can sell a full license instance to these customers. In both cases, the Service Provider collects revenue for all of the SMS (and soon RCS) traffic, while increasing their business customer satisfaction.
Large organizations also benefit from using Transcend A2P as a results-oriented addition to their strategic customer marketing and communication efforts. Click here to learn about the amazing business benefits of customer message marketing.
Transcend A2P Managed Service
Transcend A2P at Customer Location
Multi-Tenant A2P Platform
Transcend A2P is a multi-tenant platform, meaning that each administrator works in his or her own private space but has access to a single platform instance. Typically associated with cloud platforms, Transcend A2P is a platform that can run on-premise or in a cloud. The platform’s architecture makes it ideal for Service Providers and large organizations alike.
In addition to sharing a platform instance, Transcend A2P has utilized multi-tenancy to implement its billing system. The platform keeps track of all messages sent from each individual administrator. This provides a built in billing system for Service Providers that implement Transcend A2P as a managed service. Each customer accesses their own private user interface and the system monitors all message counts sent by each individual business using the service.
Businesses that implement Transcend A2P can use the billing system to charge back or track message activity to each department using the platform.
Multi-Tenant Platform Access
Administrators gain access to the platform through a custom URL which points to a web-based user interface client. Browsers supported include Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari. The user interface connects to the platform through an open API layer. Businesses and Service Providers can also connect their added value apps to the platform using this same open API.
Transcend A2P is a fault tolerant and highly scalable platform. It can be deployed on a single server or distributed across multiple servers. Distributing across multiple servers will offer higher performance and message throughput. A single Mongo server is capable of sending up to 1,000 messages a second. Adding additional Mongo servers adds up to 1,000 additional messages for each server.
Balancing The Workload
Transcend A2P supports adding a TCP-based load balancer to the platform (let us help you choose). A load balancer provides a level of abstraction between the user interface clients and the platform. User interface clients do not need to know specifics about the many platform receivers. Instead, the clients connect to the load balancer, which in turn, chooses the best receiver on the client’s behalf. The load balancer keeps the system running at peak performance.
Kafka For Distribution Management
A Kafka service bus is added to the platform when the configuration is distributed. Kafka provides the glue between the distributed A2P modules (receivers, senders, processor and router).
Transcend A2P™ Gateway List Pricing
|SMS Per Second Level
|Unlimited SMS Module