Restcomm On-Prem Platform
Click on a module below to learn more
Restcomm On-Prem JAIN-SLEE is the first and only open source-based platform certified for JAIN SLEE 1.1 compliance. It provides a highly scalable, event-driven application server with a robust component model. Restcomm On-Prem JAIN-SLEE is also fault tolerant.
JAIN-SLEE is a specification for a Java Service Logic and Execution Environment (SLEE) architecture, created in the Java Community Process (JCP). A SLEE is an application server or service container that defines a component model for structuring the logic of communications services as a collection of reusable components. These components can be combined into even more sophisticated services. This model was designed and optimized for event-driven applications.
Restcomm On-Prem JAIN-SLEE is protocol-agnostic. It includes Resource Adaptors (RA) to connect the Application Server (AS) to protocols and services like SIP, SS7, XMPP, and SMPP. As new protocols or services become important to your application, the Restcomm On-Prem JAIN-SLEE can be extended easily to support them through the RA model.
In addition to the service component model, the SLEE also defines management interfaces used to administer the container and the service components executing within. A set of standard facilities is provided for common features, such as timers, traces and alarms for the SLEE components.
Restcomm On-Prem JAIN-SLEE is built on top of the award-winning open source JBoss Application Server. It supports Java Enterprise 5 and above container features. Restcomm On-Prem JAIN-SLEE is designed to enable strong convergence of different application models for even richer communication services development.
In addition, Restcomm On-Prem JAIN-SLEE inherits high quality management features and tools from JBoss Application Server, such as the JMX Console, Jopr Plugins and SNMP Adaptor.
Restcomm On-Prem JAIN-SLEE is both highly scalable and fault tolerant. It supports load balancing and clustering using the Restcomm On-Prem Load Balancer. This makes it easy to manage and monitor, and failover occurs automatically. In the case of a node failure or overload condition, your services and users remain unaffected.
Restcomm On-Prem JAIN-SLEE, in conjunction with the rest of the Restcomm On-Prem Platform and Restcomm Connect servers, enables a new generation of telecom-enabled applications and services built on a rich API and consumed by applications using web, IOS and Android native clients.
Key Features and Benefits
- Only open source-based JAIN-SLEE 1.1 compliant implementation enabling you to develop and deploy telco-grade applications and services using Java
- High performance core built on Redhat JBoss provides predictable and stable performance, along with great operations tool support including MX Console, Jopr Plugins and SNMP Adaptor
- High resiliency and availability through fault-tolerance at both the JSLEE and event-level from the Resource Adaptors (RA) and from the protocol layer using the Restcomm ON-Prem Load Balancer
- Resource Adaptors for most common protocols and services including SIP, XMPP, SMPP, XCAP, HTTP and JDBC, as well as the ability to create custom resource adaptors Well-established operations and reporting tools including standard facilities and common features, such as timers, traces and alarms, to JAIN SLEE components.
- On premise and cloud deployment options provide outstanding flexibility for service providers and enterprise applications. Fully self-contained and highly optimized, JAIN- SLEE supports both network functions virtualization (NFV) and clustered virtual machine (VM) deployments
- Flexible operations and monitoring for statistics gathering on the Java virtual machine (JVM), and JBoss server. There are several management and monitoring options available including a scriptable command line interface and a web console for configuration and management
- Open Source software is well-documented allowing your staff the opportunity to learn, optimize and customize the JAIN SLEE server to your evolving requirements free from vendor lock-in.