Restcomm On-Prem Platform
Restcomm On-Prem jSS7 is built on the only Open Source Java-based implementation of the SS7 protocol stack. It includes modules for supporting the most used and important parts of a SS7 network. These include MTP2, MTP3, ISUP, SCCP, TCAP, and CAMEL (Phase I, Phase II, Phase III and Phase IV).
Restcomm On-Prem jSS7 also supports MAP protocols for board-level SS7 adapters. In addition, Restcomm On-Prem jSS7 supports for SIGTRAN (M3UA) over IP. It strictly adheres to the standards and specifications defined by the International Telecommunications Union (ITU) and the American National Standards Institute (ANSI).
Restcomm On-Prem jSS7 provides developers with a flexible API that hides the lower layer details (legacy SS7 links or SIGTRAN) and therefore makes it simple and easy to develop SS7 applications. This makes it much easier to migrate your applications from analog or digital TDM (Time Division Multiplexing) hardware to internet protocol (IP) based solutions for M3UA. For IP based M3UA deployments, Restcomm On-Prem jSS7 can be installed on any operating system (OS) that includes a SCTP (Stream Control Transmission Protocol) library. These include Linux and Windows Servers.
For legacy based TDM or digital deployments, Restcomm On-Prem jSS7 supports TDM hardware offered by Dialogic. Native libraries for the supported hardware adapters are available for Linux and Windows Servers.
Restcomm On-Prem jSS7 can work as a standalone library. However, to simplify deployment and integration with other Restcomm On-Prem Platform components it is usually deployed as a complete solution along with management interfaces and logging tools. These include several JSLEE Resource Adapters, the Command Line Interface (Shell Management tool) and the GUI Management Console for run-time configuration. To use these value-added tools, a JBoss Application Server must be installed and running.
Restcomm On-Prem jSS7 comes with JSLEE TCAP, MAP, CAP and ISUP Resource Adaptors (RA). These enable developers to build SS7 applications with ease. Developers only require an understanding of Resource Adaptors, allowing them to focus on building applications quickly and efficiently instead of learning SS7 protocols and standards.
Scalability and resiliency is built into the Restcomm On-Prem jSS7 solution. The jSS7 stack supports both active and standby failover. These can be on servers that are either local or geographically distributed. The solution also supports auto-scaling and automated reporting for events and alarms, and health status for all nodes in a jSS7 cluster.
Restcomm On-Prem jSS7 is part of a complete telecom core and forms the basis of a next-generation, API- driven and WebRTC-enabled service provider or enterprise solution.
Key Features and Benefits
- Complete SS7 implementation providing both base and most important services including MTP2, MTP3, ISUP, SCCP, TCAP, CAMEL (Phase I, Phase II, Phase III and Phase IV) and MAP protocols for dedicated legacy hardware
- Supports legacy hardware based SS7 deployments with inexpensive and readily available Dialogic board level products
- Supports IP-based SIGTRAN deployments with software-only deployment on Linux2 and Windows Server
- High resiliency and fault-tolerance supported at the JSLEE TCAP, MAP, CAP and ISUP Resource Adaptors (RA) level and from the protocol layer using the Restcomm On-Prem Load Balancer
- SS7 Simulator is included to enable developers to test applications in a local environment before deployment. On-premises and cloud deployment options provide outstanding flexibility for service providers and enterprise applications. Fully self-contained and highly optimized, the SS7 stack supports both network functions virtualization (NFV) and clustered virtual machine (VM) deployments
- Flexible operations and monitoring for statistics gathering on the Java virtual machine (JVM), JBoss server, and several management and monitoring options. These include a scriptable command line interface and a web console for configuration and management
- Open Source software is well-documented allowing your staff the opportunity to learn, optimize and customize the SS7 server to your evolving requirements free from vendor lock-in